Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Great Epi Pen Adventure...

Here I am being very zen about the whole thing atop a pre-Columbian sphere.

Ok... so as I have written before, my epi pens were broken on the flight over here.  My loving parents were so kind as to send me 2 new ones...however...in true Costa Rican, Pura Vida style... they are a bit... delayed in getting here. 
They came into the country on Friday, when they were supposed to.  However, they are now stuck in customs.  I have to fill out a ton of paperwork, and it just arrived today.  I have to send in a copy of my passport, some other proof of my person, and I have to translate the prescription/medication directions into Spanish... que bueno!  I am hoping that Omar will help me tomorrow... because my 2 years of Junior High Spanish really doesn't go that far.  In fact...at the Pharmacia I had to act it out...complete with a "zzzzzzz....ding" sound effect to suggest a bee flying and stinging me, and then the universal sign for choking to show I was dying.  This was quite amusing to my friends, but a little less so to the lady behind the counter who looked very confused.  Apparently boli(grafo) de Epinepherine doesn't translate.
At least I have one, and Eileen carries one...so I am not too worried.  Trying to stay calm!!
My "Roaming Gnome, Far From Home" by a coconut on the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment